Turmec Website Privacy Notice
This is the website of Turmec Teoranta Ltd. (‘Turmec’, ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘us’).
This policy governs the online processing activities of this website. For offline processing of personal data, please request a copy of our data protection policy from our Data Protection Manager (contact details below).
Who we are
We are Turmec. We specialise in the design and engineering of recycling solutions. To find out more about us, check out our website at https://www.turmec.com/about-us/.
Turmec is a limited liability company, registered in Ireland no. 75338, registered office: Rathcairn, Athboy, Co. Meath, Ireland.
Turmec Teoranta Ltd is the controller of the personal data it processes. You can contact us in a number of ways as set out on the contact us page of our website at https://www.turmec.com/contact/.
We take our responsibility to protect your data seriously and will not collect any personal data about you on this website without your clear knowledge and permission. Any personal data which you volunteer to us will be treated strictly in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Acts 1988-2018. Where data is submitted it will be used for the stated purpose and any reasonably incidental purposes only.
We do not sell or distribute your personal data to third parties for purposes of allowing them to market products and services to you.
Communicating via the internet and sending data to you by other means necessarily involves your personal data passing through or being handled by third-parties.
The personal data we process:
- For general web-browsing certain statistical data is available to us via our internet service provider. This data may include the IP and logical address of the server you are using, the top level domain name from which you access the internet (for example .ie, .com, etc.), the type of browser you are using, the date and time you access our site and the internet address linking to our site. We may also use temporary “session” cookies which enable a visitor’s web browser to remember which pages on this website have already been visited.
- You have an opportunity to send us data via our website, specifically to the contact details on the “contact us” page and via our “enquire now” webform. In doing so you may choose to provide us with personal data (e.g. name, job title, e-mail address, postal address or other contact details) in an email message. We use these details solely for the purpose for which you provided them (e.g. responding to your query etc).
- Data contained within a job application (CV) which may be sent via our website.
The purpose of processing personal data
- Website functionality – We analyse website users’ pattern of use to help us to improve, administer and diagnose problems with our server and website.
- Complaint handling – we may use the data you provide to us via our email address.
- Responding to your query – you may provide us with personal data to our email address while seeking data about our services.
- Sending newsletters – we will only send newsletters or marketing updates to you if you have provided your consent to receive them.
- Job applications – from time to time jobs may be advertised on our website and potential candidates will submit their personal data (e.g. CV’s) for our review.
Legal basis for processing
On this website, depending on your interaction with us, we will process your personal data based on the following lawful bases:
- Contract: We may process the data you provide while fulfilling our obligations under a contract e.g. during the provision of products or services to you (Job applications)
- Our or the third party’s legitimate interest under the conditions that your fundamental rights and freedom are not violated (security measures)
For processing activities that are based on a statutory or contractual requirement, you may request your data not be processed for that purpose. However, this is not an absolute right and may be over-ridden by our statutory obligations. In other cases, requesting that data should not be processed for a particular purpose may prevent us from executing a contract or delivering a service to you.
Under data protection law, data subjects have certain rights. Subject to certain restrictions, which are set out below, you can exercise these rights in relation to your personal data we process.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal data
- The right to access your personal data
- The right to rectification of your personal data
- The right to erasure of your personal data
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to processing of your personal data
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
- The right not to be subject to automated decision making, including profiling.
- You have the right to complain to the Irish Data Protection Commission (www.dataprotection.ie ) and to seek compensation through the courts
We reserve the right to request you to provide additional data in order to enable us to identify your personal data and/or to verify your identity.
Who we share your data with
We do not share your data with third parties other than those set out in this policy. We may share your data in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfer: Where some or all of our company and/or its assets may potentially be or have been acquired, we may need to transfer your personal data to the new or prospective owners.
- Other: We will share your data with a third party other than a service provider where you have given your consent for us to do so.
Where we store personal data
We generally store personal data on servers located inside the European Economic Area. However, in certain cases it may be necessary for us to transfer certain data to servers located outside of the EU. It is important to be aware that, though the privacy protections in certain jurisdictions may not be equivalent to those in Europe, the present EU data and privacy legislation requires that any personal data transferred to another jurisdiction outside of the EU shall be protected with the same security as inside of the EU jurisdiction. We will only transfer your data outside the EEA where permitted by law and ensuring that it is subject to appropriate protections, as well as your clear consent before any undertaking of cross-border transfer is performed.
We retain personal data for a range of periods as set out in our Data Retention Policy but for no longer than is necessary.
Third parties and security
The site may contain links to third-party websites and refers to third-party service providers and other entities. If you follow a link to any third-party website or deal with any third party entity referred to on the site, then you should note that these third parties may have their own privacy and cookie policies and that we are not responsible for their use of any personal data which you may provide to them. You should ensure that you have read and understood any relevant policies.
Although we do our best to ensure the security of personal data provided to us (and to use only reputable service providers), any transmission of data via the Internet is by its nature insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data you provide to us..
How to contact us
Any questions concerning this privacy notice or data protection can be sent marked for the attention of the Data Protection Manager to:
Turmec Teoranta Ltd.
Tel: +353 (0)46 943 2243
Other concerns, feedback or complaints can be sent to
Notice last update : 24th July 2023